Collecting and Sharing Personal Information
When you visit the Site, we collect certain information about your device, your interaction with the Site, and other information necessary to process your purchases. We may also collect additional information if you contact us directly, including for customer support. In this Policy, we refer to any information that can uniquely identify an individual (including the information below) as “Personal Information” or “PI”. See the list below for more information about what Personal Information we may collect and why. You can find a full list of the other lawful bases we may rely on under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) in GDPR Art. 6.
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our Services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above. We may also share your Personal Information as set forth below:
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- On our Site there may be links to webpages, tools or services owned or offered by third parties. Third party providers may provide some services such as credit card, registration, payment or settlement services and, if used, such services may be subject to such third party provider’s privacy policies. This Policy does not apply to such webpages, tools or services owned or offered by third parties and OrganaBio disclaims any responsibility for them or for PI provided by a user through them. Third parties we work with may include the following: Google, Facebook, Microsoft, LinkedIn, Science Exchange, Twitter.
Customer Support and Device Information, including mobile websites and applications
- Examples of Personal Information collected, which may evolve to include categories of PI we collect. In that case, we will update this Policy:
- Identifiers include real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier collected through Shopify, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, how you interact with the Site, or other similar identifiers.
- Other elements include name, signature, characteristics, or description defining persona of user, telephone number, educational level, current and historical employment, bank account number.
- Purpose of collection:
- Fulfill your requests for products and services, contact and conduct research, and to provide Services to users such as loading the Site accurately for you, to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site or deliver enhanced Services while demonstrating functionality of the Services.
- Send information on products and promotions, provided proper opt-in to OrganaBio’s newsletters, blogs or this Site.
- Process applications of candidates for open positions at OrganaBio.
- Identify and contact you as needed with product or service updates, including sending messages regarding the Services we provide while managing our relationship with you to carry out any related administration.
- Promote our Services as well as our events, conferences by email, telephone and via social media platforms.
- Compare and verify information with third parties such as vendors, agencies and other service providers.
- Detect and prevent activity that may be potentially illegal, unlawful and harmful and to enforce our Policy and/or our terms
- Carry out various types of research such as market and statistical research, website traffic, sales and other commercial information to support improvements with the Services provided to you and tailor the Site accordingly.
- Performance related cookies, cookies used for advertising purposes and lead generation, or when a user opts in via the consent box of the Site. In the event a user does not want their PI used in this manner, the user may unsubscribe to all digital communications such as email campaigns and ensure only necessary cookies are collected. Please see below for a further discussion on cookies.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site or one of our subsidiaries or trading partners, using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels or blog comments.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify, HubSpot, and other third-party providers’ and relevant trading partners’ websites to enhance our Site and promote and sell our products and services.
- Attendance at one of our events or an event OrganaBio plans or will attend.
- Phone and email communications from OrganaBio
- Social media interactions through our Site as well as other third-party websites such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Viewing or engaging with our digital promotions such as advertisements or emails through our authorized service providers.
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, purchase orders, invoices, direct billing to company), email address, and phone number.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify, HubSpot, and other relevant trading partners’ websites to promote and sell our products and services.
Without a parent or legal guardian’s consent, no Personal Information should be submitted to our Site by children (as defined by local law). OrganaBio does not intentionally and will not knowingly collect Personal Information of children. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child, we will delete such Personal Information as soon as possible. If you believe we might have any Personal Information from or about a child, then please contact us using the contact information listed below.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- OrganaBio may share information with third-parties that contains non-personal information unless you have opted to not share data with third-party websites such as social media. Their servers may not be secure resulting in potential, unlawful interception or access to private transmission of data.
OrganaBio also uses third party vendor re-marketing tracking cookies, including the Google Adwords tracking cookie. This means we will continue to show ads to you across the internet, specifically on the Google Content Network (GCN). As always we respect your privacy and are not collecting any identifiable information through the use of Google’s or any other third party remarketing system.
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
Using Personal Information
Pursuant to the GDPR, if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your Personal Information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and us;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy, unless a longer retention period is required or allowed by law or to otherwise fulfill a legal obligation. For more information on your right of erasure of your Personal Information, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you.
We do not engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
Our processor Shopify uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary denylist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This denylist persists for a limited number of hours.
- Temporary denylist of credit cards associated with denylisted IP addresses. This denylist persists for a limited number of days.
Selling Personal Information
Upon receipt of a verifiable consumer request that is confirmed and required by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), OrganaBio will be able to provide a response to the following requests. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below.
- Categories and sources of PI collected and its business purpose.
- Business or commercial purpose for collecting the PI.
- Categories of third parties and specific pieces of PI collected about you .
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below.
Your Personal Information will be initially processed in Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, see Shopify’s GDPR Whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR.
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you (also known as the ‘Right to Know’), to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below.
If you would like to designate an authorized agent to submit these requests on your behalf, please contact us at the address below.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the Site to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the Site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the Site, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
We use the following cookies (in addition to the cookies discussed elsewhere in this Policy), to optimize your experience on our Site and to provide our Services.
Cookies Necessary for the Functioning of the Store
|_ab||Used in connection with access to admin.|
|_secure_session_id||Used in connection with navigation through a storefront.|
|cart||Used in connection with shopping cart.|
|cart_sig||Used in connection with checkout.|
|cart_ts||Used in connection with checkout.|
|checkout_token||Used in connection with checkout.|
|secret||Used in connection with checkout.|
|secure_customer_sig||Used in connection with customer login.|
|storefront_digest||Used in connection with customer login.|
|_shopify_u||Used to facilitate updating customer account information.|
Reporting and Analytics
|_landing_page||Track landing pages|
|_orig_referrer||Track landing pages|
|_shopify_sa_p||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
|_shopify_sa_t||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between thirty (30) minutes and two (2) years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our Site may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioral Advertising” section above.
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
We may update this Policy from time to time to reflect, for example, changes to our practices or for other operational, legal, or regulatory reasons. Your continued use of our Site after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check this Policy periodically for updates.
Limitation of Liability
Unfortunately, new vulnerabilities arise in the realm of technology every day and circumstances beyond our control may compromise the security of your information. As with any website or mobile application, please be conscious of the data you share. If you are not comfortable providing any information, it is your right to withhold it. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES (WHETHER CONSEQUENTIAL, DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR OTHERWISE) ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH, A THIRD PARTY’S UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED ON CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, TORT OR OTHER THEORIES OF LIABILITY, AND ALSO REGARDLESS OF WHETHER WE ARE GIVEN ACTUAL OR CONSTRUCTIVE NOTICE THAT DAMAGES WERE POSSIBLE, EXCEPT AS PROVIDED UNDER APPLICABLE LAWS.
As a condition to accessing or using our Site and Services, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless OrganaBio (including its subsidiaries and affiliates) and its and their respective directors, managers, shareholders, members, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liabilities, expenses (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees and court costs) and damages arising out of or otherwise in connection with third party claims resulting from or otherwise in connection with your access to or use of our Site or Services, including, without limitation, any claims alleging facts that, if true, would constitute a breach of the terms and conditions stated in this Policy.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint or request, please contact us by e-mail at [email protected] or by mail using the details provided below:
7800 SW 57th Ave. Suite 225, South Miami FL 33143, United States
Last updated: December 6, 2022
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection authority. You can contact your local data protection authority, or our supervisory authority.
7800 SW 57th Ave., Suite 225, South Miami, FL 33143
© 2022, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED